Dog Carrier Backpacks – Reviews and Advice
What better way to ensure a fun hiking trip for your little dog than with a dog carrier backpack? Small dogs have short legs and do have to work harder to keep up with us (and larger dogs). Taking your dog on hiking trips is a great way to get good exercise, but if they get tired—they’ll need to be carried. Larger dogs will not usually have a problem keeping up, not to mention larger dogs are usually less needy. Whether you are going on a full fledged hiking trip, or just a walk in the park; these dog carrying backpacks will make you and little Fido have a better time.
What Should I Look for in a Dog Carrier Backpack?
- Breath-ability: Mesh sides and ample airflow are sure to help keep your pet cool on those hot summer days. A pet carrier with no airflow will surely be a problem in the hot summer sun.
- Ample Storage: Most dog carrier packs don’t have a ton of storage, but there are many that have none (besides the dog area). You should at least have a place to put a sandwich for yourself and a bowl of food for your dog. You’ll also need to ensure you have enough room for a couple bottles of water.
Yicat Portable Backpack Pet Carrier with Mesh Windows
This backpack is not overloaded with features, but it should do a great job at hauling around your pet. It has nice mesh on the sides to give your dog (or cat) plenty of air flow and keep them cool on the hot summer days. It also has mesh pockets on the sides to store plenty of food and water well within reach. At the very back of this dog carrier pack is another decent sized pocket to store other small essentials like a leash or dog do-do bags.
This pack is reasonably priced and seems to be well worth it’s inexpensive price tag.
Made from durable 500D polyester.
Dimensions: 16″ x 10″ x 13″ inches or 40*26*34 cm
Petzone Backpack Pet Carrier
This backpack doubles as a carrying case as well as being a nice backpack. It has a nice handle on top to easily carry your dog in and out of motels, on the bus or wherever you want to take them. It is also made from durable 500D fabric to ensure a long life. Is features a mesh panel on the sides, back and on the top for great air circulation. Mesh side pockets for you to carry around your dogs needed items.
- Zippered access points on the top and bottom of this dog carrier backpack make it very convenient.
- Padded bottom and back panel to keep your pet cozy and comfortable
- Can transport pets up to 15 pounds
- Dimensions 11.5in x 20in x 10.5in
This dog carrying backpack/mini kennel bag is an absolute steal at around 20$. It has all of the desirable features of a good dog carrying pack at an amazingly low price. If you have been looking for an easy way to take your small dog on hikes and not worry too much about having to carry him with your arms, your search is over.
While these dog carrying packs are not loaded with tons of pockets and safety features like most baby hiking backpacks, they are surely fit to carry your furry little baby to the park or your kids soccer games. They will also work well for shorter hiking trips, such as hiking to a lookout point in a national park or walking with your pet to a gas station if you run out of gas.